Presentation of the Emploi Nexus program
Emploi Nexus is a program put forward by the Service du développement économique (economic development department). It offers a comprehensive range of consulting services to Montréal-based businesses facing challenges related to recruitment.
By promoting the hiring of immigrant professionals, the Ville de Montréal contributes to the growth of companies across its territory and the socio-economic integration of its citizens of immigrant origin.
The Emploi Nexus program was created in 2011 with financing from the Défi Montréal program put forward by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles and the Ville de Montréal.
A few key dates
March 2011 (Phase 1)
- Adoption of the project proposal by Défi Montréal (MICC).
- Training of the Emploi Nexus team.
- Preparation of the guide and tools for businesses.
- Official launch of the project at city hall.
May 2013 (Phase 2)
- The program becomes an integral part of the Ville de Montréal’s Service de développement économique.
- The program opens to businesses in the environment and clean technologies sector.
- Emploi Nexus introduces its information and training portal.